All visa applicants, regardless of age, need to complete a medical examination at the St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) before the visa interview. Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at least one week before their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.
SLMCEC is located at 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila. They can be reached by telephone at (632) 521-0020 and (632) 521-8647. SLMCEC is open from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Philippine time (UTC +08:00). You should arrive for your medical examination between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Applicants are served on a first come first served basis, but the order of release of the medical reports will depend on the complexity of the results of the medical examination. For the accommodation of the individuals who come early, the security guards may permit applicants to enter St. Lukes Medical Center Extension Clinic premises as right on time as 4:30AM yet the timetable of operation of each working area will be observed.
Starting January 05, 2015, St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) will release the medical exam results straightforwardly to the applicants unless instructed generally by the Panel Physician.
What is the cost of the medical examination at SLMCEC?
- ₱17,025.00 PHP for adult immigrant visa applicants ages 15 and above, and ₱9,583.00 PHP for children ages 14 and below.
- SLMCEC does not accept credit card or dollar payments. The fees must be paid in Philippine pesos at the prevailing exchange rate.
What is the validity of the medical examination?
Medical examinations are generally valid for 6 months.
Will chest x-rays be required?
- Children younger than 15 years old will not need a chest X-ray or serological test unless required by the doctor, but will instead undergo a Tuberculin Skin Test.
- According to the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), chest X-rays for pregnant women are not dangerous if taken with the proper shielding.
- If you have had previous X-rays, please bring them along for a comparative study.
- Although SLMCEC will let you keep your chest X-ray film, you do not need to take this to the embassy interview.
What should I bring to my medical examination?
- Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service.
- Appropriate medical examination fee
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- 2 Photocopies of passport / Biographic Data Page : Identification photocopy ought to be the same size as the first, not expanded or decreased
- Four recent colored pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background (three are for the visa and one is for the medical report). All photos must be identical.
- DS-160 Confirmation Form / DS-260 Confirmation Form (strongly recommended).
What happens after I have my medical examination?
- SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to you unless instructed otherwise by the Panel Physician. The chest x-ray film and immunization form will also be given at the releasing section. Make sure you hang on to the immunization form (DS-3025) if you are a K1, K2, K3, or K4 applicant because you will need it later for the Adjustment of Status petition. You will have no further use for the chest x-ray.
- You are required to bring the sealed medical report to your scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.
- The medical examination usually takes two to three working days to process, but can extend up to a few months if there are required tests that need to be completed.
What do I do if I miss my interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila because of prolonged and/or additional tests conducted by SLMCEC?
After determining that you are clear to travel, SLMEC will instruct you to request a visa appointment by visiting the online appointment website at cgifederal.secure.force.com or by calling the Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500 up to (632) 976-8502.