This article will cover the entry and exit requirements for U.S. citizens visiting the Philippines as a tourist. This article covers the initial requirements to enter and exit the Philippines without extending or requiring a waiver.

Tourist Visa

U.S. citizens may enter the Philippines as a tourist with a valid U.S. passport. Upon entry into the Philippines, immigration authorities will stamp your passport. That entry stamp is good for 21 days and you do not require a non-immigrant visa or waiver for this initial period.

Extending Beyond the Initial 21-day Period

As a U.S. citizen, you can extend your stay up to 16 months by going to any immigration office in the Philippines every two months. The first extension is for 38 days and is actually a visa waiver and not a visa. This visa waiver will extend your lawful stay to a total of 59 days from the date you entered the Philippines. As of July 2007, you can now extend your stay up to 24 months with the approval of the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division.

Be sure to apply for your extension before the expiration date or you may be subject to fines and could be detained. You can apply for an extension at any of the immigration offices in the Philippines.

Checklist of Requirements for 21-day Stamp

  • Valid U.S. passport
  • Valid return ticket or valid ticket to a destination outside the Philippines

Note: If your stamp or tourist visa expiration date falls on a weekend or holiday you will need to visit an immigration office and apply for an extension before the last business day before your stamps or tourist visa expires. Failure to do so will result in additional fines and fees. Extension of your tourist visa is subject to approval by immigration authorities and is not guaranteed.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information as it is subject to change. U.S. citizens are strongly advised to contact the appropriate Philippine government authorities or nearest Philippine embassy/consulate for all current information and requirements.

Part 1 – Visiting the Philippines as a Tourist

Part 2 – Visiting the Philippines Beyond 21 Days

Part 3 – Visiting the Philippines Beyond 59 Days

Part 4 – Permanent Residence in the Philippines

Part 5 – Balikbayan Privilege in the Philippines

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

Do I Need a Police Clearance From Every Country I Lived In?
St. Luke’s Required Documents For Medical Examination
Should I Get Immunizations For a Fiance Visa if I Lost My Shot Records?

Blog Categories