When applying for a K1 fiancé visa, the sponsor needs to have met their fiancé in person sometime during the 24-month period ending on the date they file their K1 visa request (Form I-129F).

The sponsor must provide evidence of having met their fiancé during the two-year period prior to filing the K1 Visa petition. Evidence can include:

  • Photos showing you together on dates within the 24-month period.
  • Plane, bus, or train tickets showing visits between you.
  • Hotel receipts and credit card receipts showing you were together.

There is no definite set of evidence. Anything that shows you have had a genuine relationship and have met each other in person within the previous 24 months can be used as evidence.

Photos do help prove the relationship, but the applicant can’t count on them alone to show they have known their partner for at least two years. Another way to prove the duration of the relationship is for the sponsor to have entry and exit stamps in their passport. The in-person meeting requirement is often a reason used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for rejecting K1 visa petitions.

Fast & Easy K1 Fiancé Visa Petition

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

Can I Get a Vaccine Waiver for K1 Fiance Visa?
What is “Extreme Vetting” & How Do I Prepare For It?
Can I Apply For a K1 Visa From a Country Other Than My Own?

Blog Categories

  • No related categories.