5 Reasons You Need Your Green Card
If you’ve entered the country on a visa, or on visa waiver, and plan on spending building a life here with your family, you will need to adjust your status from a non-immigrant to an immigrant. When you adjust your status, you’ll receive your permanent residence card, otherwise known as the “green card“. Why is it even important to get your green card, you ask? Many reasons.
Here are the 5 that we think you’ll care most about:
- You can leave and enter the US at will without risk of being denied entry. Just imagine getting a call for a family emergency that requires you to fly home. You exit the US and upon your return, you’re denied entry and find out you have to apply for a spousal visa and wait outside the US 6 to 7 months. With your green card, you can come and go as you please.
- Permission to work in any company located in US territory regardless of job function, hours/week, etc. except for some companies that only hire US citizens. No need for employer sponsorship.
- Permission to start your own business. Is owning a business your American dream? With your green card, you can legally own an American business.
- Own property, cars, firearms and other items Americans can own.
- Social Security benefits are available to green card holders when they retire, if they worked for 10 years before retiring.
Don’t put off your AOS application until it’s too late. Login today and start the ball rolling. We’re here to help you along the way.
Disclaimer: The information herein is not intended as legal advice and is provided for general information only.Questions involving interpretation of specific U.S. laws should be addressed to an attorney and/or government officials.