A “strong tie” is anything that you can use to prove to the consular officer that you’re going to return to your home country. That could be a house that you own, could be a great job, or maybe you own a business. Having a family is a strong tie, having a spouse and children, things like that.
Basically, you just need to show the consular officer that you’re going to return and that you have items back in your home country that you have to return to. That’s really what a strong tie is.
List of Items Tourist Visa Strong Ties
Below are some ideas for documentation you could use to prove strong ties to a consular officer. We’ve built a tool to help you determine your chances of tourist visa approval.
- Letter from your employer stating duties, salary and tenure duration
- Pay Stubs
- Permission Letter for Taking Paid Time Off
- College Enrollment
- Student ID Card
- Business You Own
- Bank Statements Showing Revenue
- Articles of Incorporation
- Spouse & Kids
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificate
- Other Dependents
- Volunteer Work & Organization Memberships
- Documentation Demonstrating They Depend on You
- Deeds to Land You Own
- Title to Vehicles You Own
- Bank Accounts With Significant Balances