Make progress today

The process for this is called the K-1 fiancé visa. To qualify, the petitioner must be a U.S. citizen, you both must be legally free to marry, and you must have physically met in person at least once in the last 2 years. K-1 visas are one of RapidVisa’s specialties, and we have a very high success rate. And as of today, we’ve successfully helped over 500 customers from Vietnam.

To get started, you go to our website and create a free account. You then answer the questions in our online questionnaire and then pay when you’re ready to file. We then go to work generating the documents, forms and letters needed to sign and send in. Included with your packet will be a detailed checklist of everything you need to include in your petition.

The process can take between 6 and 9 months. Of course, timelines are not guaranteed and can vary. 

After the initial phase of the USCIS filing, you’ll have two more phases. The National Visa Center (NVC) phase, and the U.S. Embassy phase. At this phase, your fiancé will attend an interview in Ho Chi Minh City, where a consular officer will ask them some questions and make sure your relationship is genuine before approving their visa.

Once your fiancé has the visa and comes to the United States, you will need to get married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)'s arrival.

The next phase of this process would be the adjustment of status to obtain permanent residence or a green card. RapidVisa can help you with that process too! In fact, we recommend bundling the visa and green card. Give us a call and we can help you out!

Also, to see some of our testimonials from couples we’ve helped from Vietnam, go to

Make progress today

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

We Got Married While Our K1 Visa Was Pending
Can a Filipina Get a Divorce in Hong Kong for CENOMAR?
Philippine Customers: How to track your Passport/Visa

Blog Categories

  • No related categories.