"I'm from Palestine. Where gay marriage is not legal. Can I still get a fiancee visa to the USA?"

We process quite a few same-sex applications and since they passed DOMA, you can definitely file for the fiancee visa but, just a disclaimer: We work with over a hundred and seventy four countries and we're not familiar with all the laws in every single country. And we are aware of the fact that it can be dangerous in some countries pursuing a same-sex relationship or marriage. So it would behoove you to do a little research on your own country, just to make sure that you're not going to be in any danger, because I would hate to tell you that you can process your fiance visa there in Palestine in that particular country and then put you in any harm's way or in any danger or anything.

But I can tell you as far as the the USCIS and the Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, you can definitely file for a fiance visa. If it's too dangerous for you to do it there, they do also have a process at the Department of State where you can request a transfer of your case or petition. You would have to write a written statement stating why you were felt you're in danger in harm's way, and they would make a decision on where to transfer that case to.

If you are aware of a particular embassy near you that is probably more friendly to this type of case you may even request that embassy, but again as a disclaimer, please do your research. We've successfully processed over 40,000 petitions and we've processed quite a few same-sex petitions but there's no way we can know every single law out there for every country so so just make sure you check that out on your own.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

Updated guidance on same-sex marriage

Blog Categories

  • No related categories.