"I'm a smoker. Would that be a reason I won't pass medical exam?"

Just to clarify, if you’re the U.S. citizen, you will not have a medical exam. However, if you’re the foreign partner, you have to take a fiancé visa medical exam. What the government is primarily looking for are communicable diseases or evidence of drug addiction and abuse.

If you’re a tobacco smoker with lung problems, that would not be something that would make you inadmissible to the U.S. However, if you are found to have a communicable disease, you will face challenges in the U.S visa process because this is a reason for inadmissibility. For more information, see the FAQ page on the U.S. CDC’s website. Also, even though you are examined for evidence of illegal drug abuse, a drug test is not administered in most cases. As of now, they would be looking at physical evidence such as needle marks, missing teeth, and other physical symptoms.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

Converting to Islam in the Philippines to Legally Divorce
Should I Get Immunizations For a Fiance Visa if I Lost My Shot Records?
Is the Fiancé/Spousal Visa Interview & Exam Hard to Pass?

Blog Categories

  • No related categories.