Will My Non-US College Degree Work For Employment In the US?

08 Apr 2019

“If the foreign spouse finally receives their green card, does his/her educational background transfer to work for companies in the US?”

In most cases, that has nothing to do with the government, but comes down to the company you’re working for. Generally speaking, if you’ve got a degree from a foreign university, like the University of Frankfurt, or University of Oxford, yes it’s completely up to the company that’s hiring you. In our experience, these degrees are indistinguishable in most cases. In fact, we even hire staff here in our Vegas office who have obtained their degrees overseas.

When it comes to licensing though, that’s different. For example, nurses, lawyers, doctors, etc. These types of careers which require licensing will not transfer so easily. You will need to check with your industry and how to pass the licensing tests or exams here in the US.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives