"Do you think it's a problem when my birth certificate has a conflict? My mother's maiden name in my birth certificate shows my dad's surname, but my dad is not on my birth certificate?"

Make progress today

On a K-1 visa, your birth certificate is not required until the end of the process when you go to your medical exam and your interview at the U.S. Embassy. 

You have some time to correct your birth certificate with your local civil office. It’s worth it to take care of this now because if you get to the interview and the consular officer issues what is called a request for evidence (RFE) for a new birth certificate, it could take some time and delay your case. 

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

What Benefits Does the Spousal Visa Have vs. Fiancé Visa?
U.S. Embassy Ankara Turkey Announces New Fee Collection Arrangements
The K3 Spousal Visa is Obsolete

Blog Categories