Which Visa Do I Apply For to Attend a Conference or Convention?

10 Jul 2019

If you intend to visit the US to attend a conference or convention, the designated visa is the B1 visa, often manifesting in a B1/B2 visa for travel and tourism. To apply for this visa, the online form is called the DS-160. RapidVisa can assist for the small fee of $149.

Your chances of tourist visa approval are dependent on convincing the consular officer of two main points –

  1. You have strong ties to your country
  2. You have a compelling purpose of travel

You’ll have an interview scheduled at a US embassy to meet with a consular officer who will make a determination. The scrutiny you will encounter from the officer is really trying to make sure your risk of overstay is low.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives