"I'm about to go through the AOS (adjustment of status) process. When is the best time to get the medical examination?"

If the alien beneficiary entered on a K1, they should file for adjustment of status after getting married, but before the medical examination expires, which is one year from the time the DS-3025 was issued. If you entered in the United States using a visa other than the K1, then you should be using Form I-693 which has a shorter expiration time. There are differences between the DS-3025 and I-693 medical examination.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

Green Card Application Fees to Skyrocket Under New Proposal
CBP to Automate the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Process
Do I Submit the Same Documents & Evidence for K1 Visa & AOS?

Blog Categories

  • No related categories.