There are different departments involved with the processing of a non-immigrant K-1 fiance visa. There are different types of requests for evidence (RFE) generally issued by department.

Top 3 RFEs at the USCIS

  1. Proof that intent to marry was genuine.
  2. Proof of meeting in person within two years of filing their petition.
  3. Proof that all prior marriages were terminated.

Top 3 RFEs at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

  1. Proof of bona fide relationship.
  2. Proof that sponsor meets the minimum income requirement according to the HHS Poverty Guidelines or provide a joint sponsor if acceptable. (Note: Joint sponsors aren't available for all countries for K1 visas, including the Philippines)
  3. Supporting documents:
    • Police certificates from foreign countries.
    • Police certificate including all prior names used.
    • Divorce decrees or annulment paperwork including translations if applicable.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

No Supporting Documents Frustrates Director
Why Do K1 and K3 Visa Beneficiaries Receive a Conditional Green Card?
Alien’s Signature and Photo for K-1 Fiancée Visa Application

Blog Categories