Sponsoring Alien Parents to Immigrate to the USA

13 Jun 2019

“I just passed my citizenship interview. What are some documents I need to prepare for my parents and how do I petition to bring them to the USA?”

To petition for your alien parents, you must be 21 years old, and a US citizen, which you now are. If you are using RapidVisa, you simply create your free account and begin answering the questionnaire. Once your questionnaire is complete, we will generate a detailed checklist of items to include with the petition, which is customized to your parents’ situation. But a few items you certainly will need are your certificate of naturalization, your birth certificate, which will have both parents’ names on it, and of course all your parents’ identification. For a detailed checklist, you’ll need to fill out your questionnaire first.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives