Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

  1. Resources
  2. Glossary
  3. Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

A Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is a document USCIS issued to foreign nationals as a evidence that the holder is authorized to work in the U.S.. If your immigration status (for example, you are an asylee, refugee or have pending I-485 petition) or your non immigration visa (H4 or OPT) allow you to work in the U.S., you need to file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization to request an EAD. Lawful permanent resident does not need to apply for a EAD to authorized to work. A green card is also a evidence of employment authorization.


Related Articles: