Detailed guides for each of the main pathways to a visa

A person seeking a family-based green card can do so if they are a spouse, child, parent or sibling. A spouse seeking a marriage-based green card must generally follow one of four different pathways, based on where they live and whether their spouse is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).

RapidVisa has produced a detailed guide for each pathway, so you can understand what to expect and then navigate the immigration system with confidence.

Alternatively, answering simple questions in our app will automatically present the correct immigration forms based on your answers.

Which marriage-based immigration guide best describes your situation?

Living in the United States and Married to a U.S. Citizen

Living in the United States and Married to a U.S. Green Card Holder

Living Abroad and Married to a U.S. Citizen

Living Abroad and Married to a U.S. Green Card Holder

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

How Soon After I Marry a US Citizen Can I Become a Citizen?
What Tax Documents Do I Need For a Marriage Green Card Application?
What if We Don’t Marry Within 90 Days on a Fiancé Visa?

Blog Categories