I Married & Overstayed My Visa! Can I Still Get a Green Card?

05 Apr 2019

“I am married to a US citizen, but I overstayed my visa. Can I still get a green card?”

As long as you can show proof that you have legally entered the United States and just overstayed your visa and then married a US citizen, and assuming too that you have met all of the requirements to adjust status then of course you can.

If you didn’t enter legally, then you can’t get a green card, at least not without a waiver of some kind (See an attorney). And of course, if you’ve had legal trouble while you were here, that could be a problem. But if it’s just a simple overstay, we see lots of those. They usually go right through, no problem. Please contact an attorney if you have legal concerns. RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is informational and not legal advice.

Leave a comment

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives

a-ratingCustomer Reviewsnevada-state-seal