I Left the US Before Marrying! – Can I Extend My K1 Visa?

20 Mar 2019

“I came to the US on a K1 to marry my fiance. Before we married, I had to rush back to the Philippines to tend to my sick kid. Can I extend my K1? How can I go back to the US now?”

Unfortunately, a K1 visa cannot be extended. If you didn’t marry your fiance and adjust status before leaving the US, you will need to start all over from the beginning.

This is why we advise all customers to file for adjustment of status as soon as they can. The sooner the better. This is a very common situation.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives