I Entered on a K1 Fiance Visa But Haven’t Adjusted Status Yet

03 Sep 2019

“I have been in the US for almost two months now. We processed our K-1 visa with you guys for only eight months from start to finish. Do you have an expiration to when you can process?”

There is no expiration for when you must adjust status explicitly. However, keep in mind you will be out of status after your K-1 authorized stay expires because usually that is stated in your I-94 when you enter the United States. If you’re out of status, you cannot legally work, and you cannot travel outside of the United States. There’s a lot of things you can’t do.

It might become an issue later when you’re doing your adjustment of status because now they are really actually scrutinizing every petition they receive. So, at RapidVisa, we highly suggest that you do your adjustment of status right away after getting married. To start your adjustment of status, go here.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives