Getting Married in the Philippines – PSA Marriage Certificate

11 Feb 2019

How long is the PSA [Philippine Statistics Authority] taking for the official marriage certificate? I will need this before applying for the CR1 spousal visa.

If you get married in the Philippines (civil), you will need to take the certificate of marriage to the local Philippine Civil Registrar where one the parties is a resident. The certificate of marriage will be registered by the local civil registrar. You may obtain certified true copies of certificate of marriage from Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). This certificate is printed on PSA security paper is required for the interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

The Philippines is one of the few countries that actually has a marriage registry. They register that at the PSA and right now it’s our understanding, it’s taking approximately two months to obtain the marriage certificate from the PSA .

Leave a comment

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives

a-ratingCustomer Reviewsnevada-state-seal