Does My Fiancé Need a Round-Trip Ticket? (K1 Visa)

21 Jun 2018

“My girlfriend lives in Colombia, and she has a fiancée visa. Does she need to buy a one-way ticket or round trip?”

When on a fiancée visa, they’ll only need a one-way ticket because they are immigrating to the United States, where they will apply for a lawful permanent resident status (a green card).

An applicant would usually require a round trip ticket on a tourist visa, a temporary visa used to visit the United States as a tourist. But if they are coming here on a K-1 fiancée visa, they have established the intent to marry within 90 days of entering the United States in order to start a life with their partner.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives