New standards are being rolled out that are designed to basically make it harder to immigrate to the US. The process to immigrate has always included a quite extensive vetting process, but these new measures are likely going to make it even harder.
This is likely to cause more delays, requests for evidence and denials.
- Some of these measures haven’t been rolled out yet, but have certainly been discussed by the Trump Administration. Things that include
- Travel ban on certain countries
- Allowing search of your mobile phone r ecords
- Access to all your social media profiles (Which may include login information)
- More grilling questions about your opinion of America, things like your religious and political beliefs, possibly.
- Requiring you to produce many more years of work history or school history
- Much stricter proof required for financial side (Affidavit of support) – i.e. more years of tax returns than previously
What can you do to prepare for it?
- Be prepared to jump when they ask you to
- Don’t post anything to social media that could be questionable
- Go above and beyond with your proof of bona fide relationship – you want your case to be solid as a rock. If your case is sort of on the fence, or even slightly in doubt, it is likely to default to a denial.
- Get started now, before all of these measures get made in writing and roll out officially.