Many people ask us if there is a way to expedite their K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa. Unfortunately unless you are in the U.S. military it is not possible to expedite the process once your petition is mailed to the USCIS.
The best way to expedite your K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa is to prepare your petition completely accurately and neatly. A complete petition will eliminate the need for the USCIS to send you an RFE (Request for Evidence). A neat petition will help the reviewer quickly process your application.
A major cause of delay for many people comes from using attorneys or other processors who rely on mailing papers back and forth and who use outdated manual processes for completing your forms. If you want to receive your approved K1 fiance visa or k3 spousal visa petition as fast as possible only use a service that allows you to complete your petition online instantly 24 hours a day.
If you are a member of the U.S. military you can request a Military Expedite only if you have a pending deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF).
Here is how you do it:
- Prepare and mail your K1 fiance visa petition or K3 spousal visa petition and wait for the receipt notice commonly referred to as the NOA1.
- Fax the following items to the same Service Center you mailed your petition to. For K3 spousal visas this is the service center you mailed the second part of your petition to (I-129F).
- Fax cover letter that includes your full name receipt number from your NOA1 and a return fax number.
- Your military orders. A letter signed by you explaining how the deployment will interfere with the immigration process. Write EXPEDITE REQUEST at the top of the letter.
Not all Military Expedite requests are approved. If your request is approved you will receive a reply by fax or phone (probably by fax) within 72 hours. If you don’t receive a reply your request was denied.
The USCIS has a dedicated phone number for Military personnel.
If you are in the military you should use this number to receive special handling. The number is 1-877-247-4645 or 1-877-CIS-4MIL. If you are not a military member about to be deployed you can still asked for expedited processing if you feel you have a valid reason. However it is extremely unlikely that your request will be granted. If you want to give it a try follow the link below for more information.
Vermont Service Center Fax Number: 801-527-4819
California Service Center Fax Number (Expedites Only): 949-389-3441
Disclaimer: The information herein is not intended as legal advice and is provided for general information only.Questions involving interpretation of specific U.S. laws should be addressed to an attorney and/or government officials.
Leave a comment
- About Us
- Adjustment of Status
- B1/B2 Visa
- CR-1 Spousal Visa
- Deferred Action
- Dominican Republic
- Embassy Information
- Embassy Phase
- Green Card
- Guest Posts
- Hong Kong
- Immigration Lawyers
- IR-2 Child Visa
- IR-5 Parent Visa
- Joint Sponsor
- K-1 Fiance Visa
- K-2 Child Visa
- K-3 Spousal Visa
- Medical Exam
- NVC - National Visa Center
- Removal of Conditions
- RFE (Request for Evidence)
- Same Sex
- Spousal Visa
- Travel Ban
- United Kingdom