U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to prove you may work in the United States.

USCIS issues Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) in the following categories:

1. EAD:  This document proves you are allowed to work in the United States.

2. Renewal EAD: You cannot file for a renewal EAD more than 120 days before your original EAD expires.

3. Replacement EAD: This document replaces a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD. A replacement EAD also replaces an EAD
that was issued with incorrect information, such as a misspelled name.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

What If My Criminal History Was Expunged/Dismissed? (K1 Visa)
USCIS Fees Changing in 2020!
Can I bring my wife to the U.S. if we were not married in the U.S.?

Blog Categories