Page 4 of the ‘USCIS’ Category

RapidVisa blog posts about the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


Affidavit of Support for K-1 Fiancé Visa

The Affidavit of Support is a legal contract between you (the petitioner for an immigrant visa applicant) and the US Government. It ensures that the visa applicant has adequate means of financial support and is unlikely to become a public charge after entering the US.

Read More »

FAQs Regarding the Medical Examination

A medical examination is required for all immigrant visas and some non-immigrant visas as well as for refugees and adjustment of status applicants. The purpose of the medical exam is to determine if you have any health conditions that need attention prior to immigrating.

Read More »

What Happen at a Port of Entry?

When arriving at an airport, the airline will give all travelers some documents to complete while still en route to the United States. All travelers are required to complete a Customs Declaration form 6059B. Those travelers who are non-United States citizens and are requesting admission to the United States with a Visa will be given the Form I-94 (white), Arrival/Departure Record to complete.

Read More »

Medical Examination for all Immigrant and K Visa Applicants

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), which relates to the immigration, temporary admission, naturalization, and removal of foreigners, mandates that all immigrants and refugees migrating to the United States undergo an overseas medical screening examination performed by panel physicians.

Read More »

Tracking your I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

No matter where you file your I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (also known as the Work Permit or EAD), all cards are created and mailed from the USCIS card production facility in Kentucky. In 2011, USCIS initiated the secure mail initiative in partnership with the United States Post Office (USPS).

Read More »

Should I Have an I-94 in My Passport?

All travelers with or without visa will be asked to complete an I-94 Arrival/Departure Record form before landing in the United States. Travelers without a visa use the green form and travelers with a visa use the white from.

Read More »

Reasons why a person may be ineligible to enter the United States

  There are many reasons why a person may be ineligible to enter the United States. The legal descriptions are complicated and lengthy but we have listed the most common reasons for denial below. You may be denied entry if: If you have a communicable disease If you have a criminal record for crimes of […]

Read More »

Can You Expedite a K1 Fiancé Visa or K3 Spousal Visa?

Many people ask us if there is a way to expedite their K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa. Unfortunately unless you are in the U.S. military it is not possible to expedite the process once your petition is mailed to the USCIS.

Read More »

USCIS Case Numbers Explained

After filing a K-1 Fiance Petition or any other type of application with the USCIS, you will receive a Notice of Action on form I-797. The first block on this form lists your USCIS case number (although the form calls it a Receipt Number. This will always be a 13 digit number.

Read More »

Employment Authorization & EAD

U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to prove you may work in the United States.

Read More »
Page 4 of 4

Blog Categories