Archive for the ‘ K-1 Fiance Visa’ Category

Proof of Legal Ability to Marry

When applying for a K1 fiancé visa, both the sponsoring spouse and the spouse seeking a green card need to prove they each have the “legal ability” to get married. For the U.S. citizen, proving legal ability to marry is straightforward. They simply attach divorce and/or death certificates to their visa petition for each of […]

Proof of Having Met Your Fiance within Two Years

When applying for a K1 fiancé visa, the sponsor needs to have met their fiancé  in person sometime during the 24-month period ending on the date they file their K1 visa request (Form I-129F). The sponsor must provide conclusive evidence of having met their fiancé during the two-year period prior to filing the K1 Visa […]

Employment Authorization & EAD

U.S. employers must check to make sure all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to prove you may work in the United States.   […]

Page 14 of 14 ← First ‹ Prev

Blog Categories

Blog Archives

Blog Archives