Archive for the ‘IR-5 Parent Visa’ Category

Announcing RapidVisa Payment Plans

Posted on: September 23rd, 2015 by RapidVisa Staff 2 Comments

Over the years our customers have, through feedback, helped us improve and build upon the services we offer. This one comes after countless requests from customers having a hard time gathering up the fees to begin the process of their visa. We’re pleased to announce we now offer a payment plan for the K1 visa, CR1 visa, IR5 visa and K3 visa.

A true payment plan, not layaway.

To our knowledge, none of our competitors offer anything like this. A few of them claim to have payment plans, but they are just on the service fees, not the USCIS fee. Also, they don’t allow you to file until the entire thing is paid off. That’s layaway.

Our plan includes everything you need to file your case, including the USCIS filing fee, and you can start the process after just one payment, including submitting your physical petition to us for manual review and assembly. We will actually send it off to the USCIS with the USCIS government fee after just the second payment.

No credit check, no interest, no bull.

How are we able to offer this? We have a lot of personal information on our customers, and the risk for someone going through this process to be a straight up theif is low. The catch – You sign an agreement, and we charge a simple installment fee for this convenience, but no interest will accrue. All you need to do is make 6 simple payments, which are automated credit card charges. That’s it. We want you to have no excuses to delay this process any longer.

Do you want to file for a K1 and have $163? Great, get going now.

To get the full details on the installment program, go here.

How to Bring Your Parents From India to the USA

Posted on: February 27th, 2015 by RapidVisa Staff No Comments
Indian parent visas
You can get your parents to the USA from India!

In 2013, US citizens of Indian descent successfully petitioned for 6,467 parent visas from India. If you’re a US citizen over the age of 21, and you want to bring your parents over to the USA, you can, with an IR-5 parent visa. Green card holders aren’t eligible to petition for their parents only US citizens. So if you’re a US citizen over the age of with a parent in India, you are eligible to petition for your parent using an IR-5 visa.

Get started free.

The first thing to do is go to here and sign up for a free account. Make sure to select “IR-5 Parent Visa” as the petition type. Don’t worry about payment at this point. Our system allows you to fill out 100% of the questions for free. You only pay when you’re ready to actually print and file the petition.

Hurry up and wait.

Within four business hours after payment, our staff will review your petition answers and produce your petition documents, forms and letters. We’ll enable them to print and you will just print, sign and send it to the USCIS for processing. When  you print, a few of the pages of your customized packet will give a detailed list of items to include to mail. If you get the premium review service, you’ll send the packet to us in Colorado, and our staff will physically look through it for errors and accuracy two more times. Our petition team will then assemble it just the way Uncle Sam likes it, along with all assembly materials. We’ll then Priority Mail it to the USCIS for processing.

In a couple weeks, you’ll receive a letter from the USCIS letting you know they have received it. They’ll assign it a case number and from this point, you’ll simply have to wait.

US Embassy New DelhiAfter a few months of waiting, you should get an approval notice from the USCIS. This just lets you know that this phase of the process is approved. They’ll then forward it on to Department of State for yet another step of approval.

The home stretch.

After a couple months, your parent will need to travel to New Delhi, to the US Embassy for a face to face interview. The interview is the final step in the process. An officer will approve or deny your parent’s visa at this point. Don’t worry – If RapidVisa helped you, and you got this far, and are truthful, denials are unheard of.

After just a few days, your parent should get their passport back with a visa stamped in. The visa is valid for 10 years and carries no conditions. The parent can later even apply for citizenship.

If you have any questions about the parent visa process, give us a call at 1 (800) 872-1458.

3 Lawyer’s Concerns About RapidVisa Debunked

Posted on: December 2nd, 2014 by RapidVisa Staff 2 Comments
3 Lawyer's Concerns About RapidVisa Debunked
Some attorneys are skeptical about our services.

There are a few different paths to get your family based immigration needs met. In fact, we made an infographic about just this comparison decision. One choice that people often unnecessarily opt for is hiring an ‘immigration attorney’. Attorneys are great, and have a very important role in society. In fact, we have our own. But, unless you have legal issues, such as convictions or need a waiver, they statistically are not likely to help your chances and highly likely to cost 5 to 10 times more than RapidVisa, and take significantly longer to process and review your petition.

We understand you have to do your homework. This is important. But don’t be taken advantage of. Do your research. Many of our customers first went to an attorney but after thousands of dollars and no results, contact us in the middle of the process and kick themselves for not using us sooner.

There are a few websites out there that are lead generators for lawyers, so of course, if you ask a question like “Should I use RapidVisa or should I use a lawyer?”, they’ll be biased. Often times they try to lump us in with scammy sites that illegally sell forms or don’t know what they’re doing.

We’ve gathered some comments from some of these lawyers, and paraphrased them to keep the commenters anonymous out of respect. 

Let’s debunk some of these concerns.

1. Is it really a legal matter? Usually not.

"You should never trust someone who is not an attorney to manage your legal matters. That's like trusting somebody who's not a doctor for medical issues."


Filing a visa petition is as much of a legal matter as getting your driver’s license. Do you hire a $3,000 attorney to apply for your driver’s license? The premise is pretentious and misleading. Petitioning for a family visa is not a legal matter, it’s a benefit request from your government. They don’t teach how to apply for visas or green cards in law school. Every lawyer who helps in these matters learned it on their own just like anyone else. That said, if you have legal issues that could complicate your situation, you definitely should get legal counsel.

RapidVisa does not offer legal advice or representation. Here’s what we do offer. Some lawyers have even accused us of unauthorized practice of law, or “UPL”. RapidVisa and its software has been investigated and cleared by both the Department of Homeland Security and the Colorado Supreme Court. We offer a service similar to TurboTax for visa applications. Here’s news coverage of our company being investigated and cleared by the Colorado Supreme Court.

2. Avoid super high denial rates?

"An attorney can significantly improve your chances for approval. Every year, approximately 40 to 60% of all fiancee visa petitions filed are not approved."


This is false. The overall K-1 visa approval rate is around 95% according to the actual NVC’s statistics. This is scare tactics. Of course everyone wants the best chance for approval but do you really want to hire someone who makes such a false statement? RapidVisa has an over 99% approval rate, which is a bit higher than the overall average. There is less than a 1% chance of a lawyer helping your odds better than RapidVisa.

3. Experience matters.

"As an attorney, we do dozens of cases a year and therefore are the most experienced option you can go with."


If your value proposition is that you are the most experienced because you have handled the most cases, then RapidVisa wins. We have over 15,000 approvals at over 99.7% approval rating. There probably isn’t an immigration attorney on Earth who will see that many cases in their lifetime. We have dozens of experienced representatives in 3 countries who help with these petitions every day.

Some attorneys take on all kinds of cases, immigration or not, and don’t get near the amount of experience on such a that we have. The typical local law firm might take on a few cases a year for a certain visa type. We help thousands of families, not dozens.

NVC No Longer Requires Original Civil Documents

Posted on: November 14th, 2014 by RapidVisa Staff 1 Comment

Great news for all immigrant visa applicants! As of November 12, 2014, the National Visa Center announced it will no longer be collecting original civil documents in support of immigrant visa applications. So now, instead of having to send your original birth, marriage and police certificates, you can send photocopies. This doesn’t include the original Affidavit of Support which will still need to be signed by the applicant to the NVC.

The method of having to send originals has been a pain point for our customers for a long time, and now we’re glad the NVC has made this adjustment. It should mean less stress on applicants, and quicker turnaround. Unfortunately, however, this change only applies from November 12 and forward.

This change affects all our CR-1 spousal visa and IR-5 parent visa customers.

If you have any questions about your application in process don’t hesitate to contact us.

Marriage Certificate

Source: National Visa Center memo.