"I'm a green card holder. "How can I bring my mom and daughter to the U.S.?"

You're not going to be able to bring your parent as a green card holder. Parents can only be petitioned by U.S. citizens, so you will need to naturalize yourself. That's something we can help you with, or you can grab form N-400 and look through that. Once you are a U.S. citizen, you can then petition your parents. There is no quota for parent visas.

You can petition for a child at any time, even as a green card holder. So that part's pretty straight forward and very common. How long it will take depends on the age. For a minor child, it's going to be much much quicker. And it also depends, if the child is not a minor, if it's an adult child, it's going to depend on the country. Some countries have a waiting list that's over a decade. Other countries are quicker. There's a quota per country.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post were accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. Immigration is constantly changing, and old information often becomes outdated, including procedures, timelines, prices, and more. Take note of the publish date. For archival purposes, these posts will remain published, even if new information renders them obsolete. Do not make important life decisions based on this content. No part of this post should be considered legal advice, as RapidVisa is not a law firm. This content is provided free of charge for informational purposes only. If anything herein conflicts with an official government website, the official government website shall prevail.

Related Posts

I Married & Overstayed My Visa! Can I Still Get a Green Card?
What is “Extreme Vetting” & How Do I Prepare For It?
What Ways Can I Lose My Green Card?

Blog Categories