Reasons why a person may be ineligible to enter the United States

  There are many reasons why a person may be ineligible to enter the United States. The legal descriptions are complicated and lengthy but we have listed the most common reasons for denial below. You may be denied entry if: If you have a communicable disease If you have a criminal record for crimes of […]

Read More »

CFO Seminar for all Filipinos Receiving a K-1 or K-3 Visa

All Filipinos going abroad as fiances or spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the Commission on Filipinos Overseas's (CFO) guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker. They won't let you leave the country without this sticker and certificate in your passport. This […]

Read More »

Does the Form I-134 or Form I-864, Affidavit of Support need to be notarized?

No. The sponsor just has to sign the form. You should know however, when the sponsor signs an Affidavit of Support form, he/she certifies that the information provided, transcript and/or photocopy of tax documentation is true and correct, under penalty of perjury.

Read More »

Can I bring my wife to the U.S. if we were not married in the U.S.?

If the alien’s marriage to the U.S. citizen was contracted outside of the United States, the alien is applying in the country in which the marriage took place, or if there is no consular post in that country, then at a consular post designated by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services to accept immigrant visa applications for nationals of that country.

Read More »

Can My Fiance Visit Me in the U.S. While Waiting for a Fiance Visa?

You cannot reside in the U.S. on a tourist visa or Visa Waiver while waiting on a K1 Fiance visa or K3 Spousal visa. However, you can make a temporary visit using a B-2 tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver Program.

Read More »

Why Do K1 and K3 Visa Beneficiaries Receive a Conditional Green Card?

The two year conditional green card is a result of the Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 (IMFA).  At the time Congress was hearing testimony from U.S. citizens about numerous alien spouses who left their sponsor shortly after obtaining their green card.  There was also growing concerns about marriage for hire schemes where U.S. citizens were […]

Read More »

How Long Can a Green Card Holder Stay Outside the United States?

As a permanent resident or conditional permanent resident you can travel outside the United States for up to 6 months without losing your green card. Staying outside the United States for more than 6 months but less than one year will subject you to additional questioning when you return to the United States but you are not required to have a Reentry Permit and shouldn’t have any problems getting back in.

Read More »

Can You Expedite a K1 Fiancé Visa or K3 Spousal Visa?

Many people ask us if there is a way to expedite their K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa. Unfortunately unless you are in the U.S. military it is not possible to expedite the process once your petition is mailed to the USCIS.

Read More »

What if My Fiance’s Passport Photos are the Wrong Size?

The USCIS asks you to submit 2 inch by 2 inch passport photos for both you and your foreign fiance or spouse. However getting 2×2 passport photos from most foreign countries is difficult to impossible partly because most countries use the metric system.

Read More »

Scheduling an Interview Appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines

There are two ways to book an interview appointment: through the Embassy call center (Visa Information and Appointment Service) OR by visiting the online appointment website.

Scheduling an appointment through the Embassy call center
To schedule a visa appointment for IV or K petitions, please contact the Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

Read More »

Blog Categories