Bringing Cash to the Philippines

Many people ask how much cash they can bring into the Philippines. There actually is no limit at all. You can carry all the cash you want as long as you declare anything over US $10000. There is no tax and nobody will take the money away from you (unless you get robbed in the parking lot).

Read More »

Should I Have an I-94 in My Passport?

All travelers with or without visa will be asked to complete an I-94 Arrival/Departure Record form before landing in the United States. Travelers without a visa use the green form and travelers with a visa use the white from.

Read More »

National Visa Center Case Number Explained

The National Visa Center (NVC) assigns each immigrant petition a case number. The NVC case number has three letters followed by ten numbers. The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, JAK for Jakarta, MNL for Manila).

Read More »

Fiancé Visa Medical Exam at St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic

All visa applicants, regardless of age, need to complete a medical examination at the St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) before the visa interview. Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at least one week before their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Read More »

National Visa Center (NVC) Phone Number

24-Hour Information An automated recorded message system is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to answer case status inquiries (603) 334-0700. Note: This service requires the use of a touch-tone telephone. Operator Assistance Customer service representatives are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Read More »

Alien’s Signature and Photo for K-1 Fiancée Visa Application

One of the things that slow down K-1 Fiancée visa applicants is getting the passport photo and signatures from the alien fiancée abroad.  Back on November 1 2005 the USCIS released a memo to it's Service Center Directors instructing them not to issue an RFE (Request for Evidence) for a K-1 petition that is missing the […]

Read More »

Is the K-3 Spousal Visa Still Available?

In theory, yes, but in practice, not really. The K3 has been obsolete for several years, and if you submit a K3 nonimmigrant visa petition it will likely be changed to the CR1/IR1 Immigrant visa.

Read More »

Getting a Chinese Birth Certificate

Chinese birth certificates are available in the form of notarial certificates (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu).
While some notarial birth certificates will list stepparents or adoptive parents along with natural parents this is not always the case. In some cases the certificates will list only the natural parents covering up an adoption.

Read More »

Getting a Philippine Birth Certificate

When attending the Embassy Interview for the K-1 Fiancée Visa, K-3 Spousal Visa or CR1 Visa, the applicant is required to bring their birth certificate. Applicants may obtain birth certificates at any PSA branch for a small fee. Relatives in the Philippines may obtain these documents. The PSA can also provide an index of all children born to an applicant. Birth certificates can also be ordered on the website www.ecensus.com.ph.

Read More »

Getting a Philippine Death Certificate

Death certificates can be obtained on security paper (preferred method) from the PSA or at www.ecensus.com.ph.

Certified copies can be obtained from local civil registrars. As in the cases of birth and marriage certificates of deaths occurring since 1946 are obtainable from the National Census and Statistics Office.

Read More »

Blog Categories