What if I don't remember all my addresses?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) allows some flexibility on this section of the green card application, and is generally understanding if the sponsoring spouse or spouse seeking a green card can’t remember certain addresses or dates. However, if there are significant gaps in address history, a green card application could be delayed or denied. Check out our guide about completing your address history when applying for a marriage green card.

How can I look up where I will do my consular marriage-based green card interview?

For spouses seeking a green card from outside the United States, the easiest way to look up the location of their interview is on the State Department’s Reciprocity Schedule under the “Visa Issuing Posts” section. Applicants should look for the consulates that say “immigrant visas.” Note that some countries will have more than one consulate that handles immigrant visas.