5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa

Couple researching K1 visa

To petition your fiance for a K-1 visa, you must meet 5 simple requirements.

If you meet these requirements, have no criminal history and answer our questionnaire truthfully, you should have no problem getting a fiancee visa.

1. You’re a US citizen

Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.

2. You have intent to marry

You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.

3. You’re free to marry

You and your fiance must prove that you are legally free to marry and that any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death or annulment.

4. You’ve met in person

You must prove that you have physically met in person at least once within two years of the date you file your petition.

5. You have enough income

You must prove that you meet the minimum income requirements. This amount will vary depending on a few factors. You can use our free income requirements calculator to find out if you qualify.

If you don’t meet the minimum requirements you might be able to use assets or a joint sponsor to help you qualify. Call us if this is the case.

If you meet these 5 requirements, RapidVisa can help you. Give us a call if you have any questions. A live person will answer the phone, 7 days a week.

Disclaimer: The information herein is not intended as legal advice and is provided for general information only.Questions involving interpretation of specific U.S. laws should be addressed to an attorney and/or government officials.

Get free email updates when we post!


a-ratingCustomer Reviewsnevada-state-seal